A phenomenal Eugène Nicolas Sartory Violin Bow, made in 1915, Paris, France. The bow was previously a faithful companion played by a concertmaster who moved between several first tier American Symphony Orchestras im the 20th century. The bow is 62 grams, with a very energetically colorful and focused tone of great projection packaged with a stable and medium supple handling. The bow has certification from cabinet Jean Francois Raffin, Bigot, and Le Canu. About Sartory: Eugène Nicolas Sartory (1871, Mirecourt – 1946) was an influential French archetier/ bow maker from Mirecourt, France. After having first apprenticed with his father, he went on to work in Paris for Charles Peccatte and Joseph Alfred Lamy (père) before setting up his own shop in 1889. His bows are marked "E.SARTORY A PARIS". The apex of the trend toward heavy, strong bows was exemplified in the output of Eugène Sartory, who developed a style of bow to which his atelier adhered consistently for decades. He fortified the Voirin model, producing sturdily built bows with strong shafts. Later on Sartory innovated the design of his bows; widening the head and altering the shaft cross-section as well as thickening the shaft above the handle. These changes provided more stability and reliability in the handling. In his early period, Sartory preferred dark pernambuco wood, whereas the later bows are generally of lighter color. Vigneron and Fetique produced bows that at times could rival a Sartory in terms of strength and handling, but the consistency of Sartory bows has made them a perennial favorite among musicians even if they lack some of the subtlety of older bows. Sartory bows are utterly reliable as playing tools and will satisfy a wide variety of players. His list of assistants includes Louis Morizot (perè), Jules Fetique & Louis Gillet. Hermann Wilhelm Prell worked for Sartory in Paris between 1897-1898. Sartory's work is extremely sought after in modern times, and are among the most stable long term investments a musician or connoisseur can enjoy.